Do you want to be a part of a network of emerging leaders with a shared interest in exploring 21st century business perspectives? Join the Swedish Institute Management Programme for change-makers focusing on lasting success through responsible leadership and sustainable business. The programme started in 2014 and this year SIMP Africa opens up for participants from Uganda.
The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in market driven economies.
SIMP will give you
- A global network of leaders focused on sustainble business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector
- Kick-off, 2 days in one of the selected countries in Africa, 14 – 15 June 2018: You are introduced to the programme curriculum and topics of focus. Regional business cases creates the framework for your learning;
- Module 1, 2 weeks in Sweden, 17 – 29 September 2018: You deep dive into how sustainble business contributes to innovation, production and increased trust in business on the global market. You explore topics such as leadership, stake-holder engagement, climate change and company visits. You also have a chance to initiate your own business case and receive coaching and peer-feedback.
- Module 2, 1 week in one of the selected countries in Africa, 11 – 16 February 2019: The focus is on reconnection with the network and harvesting learnings from module 1. You have the opportunity to visit and analyse a real business case.
All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.
- The following costs are covered and arranged by the Swedish Institute:
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Costs covered and arranged by you
- Flight tickets to and from the kick-off and module 2
- Visas costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
- Occasional meals
- Occasional airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden
You can apply if
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy;
- You are in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector;
- You have mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation;
- You are between 25-45 years old (born 1973 – 1993);
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English;
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia;
- You can take part in all parts of the programme;
- You are willing to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme.
- Create your application online through the link below
- Save your application as a PDF
- Send your application together with your CV to email@example.com
Before applying kindly note that it takes about 60 minutes or more to finish the application form and there is no session saving possibility. Please heave a headshot photo ready for uploading at the end of the application.
- January 9 – February 6, 2018: Application Period
- February 7 – 13, 2018: Evaluation of Applications
- February 14 – March 9, 2018: Interviews
- March 2 – April 7, 2018: Admission